Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Know It's Not the End of the World...

Well yesterday was not one of my better days.  Not near as bad as a day in January of 2010, but still not one of my top ten best days.

I went and saw Dr. Hines about the pain in my leg and the fact that I have not been able to run for the last week and a half.  He did some x-rays of my leg and suspects I have a tibial stress fracture.  They are going to schedule an MRI to confirm the diagnosis.

Insert sad face here.

To top it off he put me in a boot, and we aren't talking one that's comfy like my new Uggs.


This is not the most comfortable boot I've ever worn, that's for sure.  Camy, Carson and Hailey were all at the doctor's office with me and they decided I should roll up my other pant leg so I would be matching.  It was probably a good thing they were there with me, because there were no tears in front of my doctor.  Now, as I sit here and really contemplate what the next month or so has in store for me I don't feel as hopeful.  

I did have to take a short break after the marathon last year because of some pain below my knee but that was only a couple of weeks and I had already run the marathon.  This time with it being right in the middle of it all it's not so easy.

I still plan to head down to Dallas to support my friends as they run the Rock N Roll half.  I'll just leave Josh at home and it'll be more of a girls trip.  Cheaper too, which the Dave Ramsey side of Josh should appreciate.  I still need that pink sparkly Sweaty Band I had my eye on in Fort Worth, and I'll be the picture girl.

It's hard to not feel like everyone is running away from me as I spin and swim.  Good thing I got those new goggles, maybe I need a new suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment